Friday, August 5, 2011

Introduction

How does one actually introduce one's self without taking so long they bore readers to _death_?

We are a Christian family.  Not just a nod-to-Jesus-have-church-on-sunday-when-there's-no-game-on... but a Pentecostal Holy Spirit Homeschooling Christ-like walk Christian family.

There - that aught to scare away 3/4 of the people.  And anyone else reading forward is fully warned!

My husband and I also have a very Dominant / submissive relationship.  When we can, he likes to pull out the floggers and carpet beaters and go to town on my backside.

Years ago we were heavily involved in the BDSM scene very publicly and enjoyed it greatly.  Then we moved to a state that simply does not have a very active scene, and the parts that are active weren't "our thing".

We got involved in a different scene.  An amazing church with a great group of friends - people who love us, pray for us, play with us (different kind of play of course). 

We thought we had to choose.  And we did, sort of, for a while. 

But who we are, specifically who we are in relation to each other has always sat there just under the surface.  But since we didn’t spend time feeding it, our D/s dynamic became a source of dissension and dissatisfaction.

On the surface, we are a typical busy family.  My husband has a somewhat demanding job that consumes a good portion of his time and attention.  I homeschool two older boys, plus we have two other children part-time and I manage a busy house as well as several volunteer groups.  As a family, we are active in our community, particularly our church community.

As a couple, and as individuals, we have made many mistakes (some gargantuan huge ones!)  But one thing we are both fairly good at is introspection and analyzing our problems/issues/mistakes.  Didn’t say we were great at it or that we had always done this - thus the earlier large mistakes in our lives... But we are trying very very hard to avoid those now and in the future.

I recently came to realize that starving our full D/s dynamic has created some serious problems that need to be reversed and/or changed for the future.  So here we go.

2 comments:

Dragon's Rose said...

Welcome to blogging! I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Missie

Susie said...

Just ran across your blog and have only started onr very recently myself.

LOL...yes, I think the description might chase away lots, but I'm a bit intrigued. My husband and I practice what most call CDD and take our faith very seriously, but I'm honestly trying to figure out how integrated the two are and how much of it is mostly about us figuring out how to relate to each other. Ack, don't even know how to say it yet, but will follow along as you write. Welcome.